Celebrate with Philadelphia
Christmas Ice Cream Pudding with Hot Chocolate Sauce
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
1/2 cup Trumps sultanas #36327
1/2 cup Trumps Raisins #36320
1/4 cup Brandy
395g Nestle Condensed Milk #26120
250g Cadbury Dark Chocolate Buttons #10707
250g Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese #21389
1 cup Pura Thickened Cream #27598
1/2 cup Trumps Glaced Dried Red Cherries #36516
1/2 cup Trumps Flaked Almonds, toasted #36719
1/4 teaspoon Masterfoods Ground Cinnamon #24322
1/4 teaspoon McCormick Ground Nutmeg #23139
1/4 teaspoon McCormick Mixed Spice #23160
1 cup Pura Thickened Cream, extra #27598
100g Cadbury Dark Chocoolate Buttons #10707
1. Combine the sultanas, raisins and brandy in a heatproof bowl, cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Carefully remove the cover, stir and cool.
2. Combine the condensed milk and chocolate in a small saucepan. Stir over a low heat until the chocolate has melted. Transfer to a bowl and chill in the freezer for 15 minutes.
3. Beat the chocolate mixture and Philadelphia cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the cream and beat until soft peaks form. Fold through the dried fruit mixture, cherries, almonds and spices. Pour into a base lined 1.5 litre pudding bowl. Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours.
4. For best results, decant the pudding some hours ahead by immersing three quarters of the bowl in hot water for 10-15 seconds to just loosen the ice cream. Invert onto a plate and use a metal spatula to smooth or create a decorative finish. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
5. Combine extra cream and extra chocolate in a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until the chocolate has melted. Cool slightly.
6. Serve whole, decorated with a drizzle of chocolate sauce and extra glaced cherries before slicing