MOCO Meats Update
• Slaughter numbers are beginning to ramp up with favourable conditions prevailing. This should convert into some opportunistic buys for March.
• Rump pricing is still very strong in both export and domestic markets.
Grain Fed Beef is still reasonably pricing comparatively to Pasture Fed.
• Both NRL and AFL football seasons are about to kick-off for another year so why not take advantage of the great Cube Roll (10381) and Rib Fillet (40012/40333) specials.
• Still dire conditions in the market with prices holding very firm with the export market and international demand still surging ahead.
• From MLA reports, the poorer than expected Spring/Summer season and the continued push to rebuild flock numbers to more sustainable levels will decrease production in 2018.
• On offer this month is the Lamb Leg (28950) which is must for any roast/carvery station. Competitively priced from $11.99/kg. These will be available for a limited time only.
EXCLUSIVE TO MOCO! Hopkins River Beef
• Established in 1996, the brand has become an integral niche steak on the menus of some of Melbourne’s top restaurants.
• Black Angus Cattle are pasture fed in and around Dunkeld, near the famous Grampian Mountains in Western Victoria. Soils are abundant in rich minerals, producing rich, fertile grazing land which raises a finished product that is marbled, tender and consistent.
• This brand is EXCLUSIVE in Queensland to Moco Meats only and available for a limited number of fortunate customers. This is a unique opportunity to work with some of Australia’s best beef.
• Contact your MOCO representative to discuss how Hopkins River Beef can work to making your menu stand out from the rest.