Fine Food Queensland 2014
As the largest food industry event in Queensland, Fine Food Queensland returns to the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre for an intensive three day program for all local and international hospitality leaders, buyers and producers.
Between the 13th to 15th of April, over 200 leading exhibitors and over 6000 buyers from across the foodservice and hospitality industry will converge to shine the spotlight on local issues, local producers, chefs, retailers and more.
This year, Fine Food Queensland have revitalised the 2014 program to reflect the industry changes within Queensland, and to highlight local products and issues, while continuing to promote new and innovative food, drink and equipment from around Australia.
New Elements for Fine Food Queensland in 2014 include:
- Brisbane Markets Fresh at Fine Food – showcasing fresh produce, locally grown and paying homage to the global movement Eat Local;
- Chefs on the Couch – a panel discussion of local and interstate chefs discussing what’s hot and what’s not, and how to survive and thrive in this industry;
- ACF Chefs Competition – live kitchens where local and interstate chefs will battle against each other in a series of cooking challenges using ingredients selected by the Australian Culinary Federation;
- Caterers Kitchen – where exhibitors prepare/present products and menu inspirations ideas to the audience;
- Business Program – centering on the business of food presented by local talent focusing on local needs and local and international trends;
- The Beverage Theatre – where free masterclasses will take place, from wine tasting to food and beverage matching and the popular Coffee Academy.
Minnie Constan, Fine Food Queensland’s Exhibition Manager acknowledges the challenges faced within the hospitality industry, “the hospitality industry is a tough one. There’s a myriad of factors that affect each and every business, from suppliers and producers, to the restaurant owners and staff. The much-lauded paddock-to-plate process is often brutal, and this year, Fine Food Queensland will host a range of forums and master classes with industry leaders, to recognise and assist all parts of this food chain.”
For further information, please contact:
Fine Food Queensland
Ph: 03 9261 4500